Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Data Saver Linky Party

data saver





Laura Starnes over at Kinder Kraziness is having a linky party to share ideas on how we all back up or store our data. I’ve enjoyed checking out how others organize their files and thought I might have something to add to this conversation. Organization is a bit of a gift of mine.



Last year for Christmas my parents gave me a 1 TB portable hard drive. It has SO MUCH Space!!!! I love it!



WD Elements SE Portable WDBABV0010BBK - hard drive - 1 TB - Hi-Speed USB



This portable hard drive marketed by WD Elements is fairly reasonably priced. Not only do I have my school files stored on this device but there’s also room for all of my music and photographs. I have many, many files downloaded onto this little drive and I don’t think I’ll ever run out of space. There’s just no way!



image



I split the hard drive into 4 or 5 different categories: First Grade Files, Photos, Music, Spirit Week, and Kindergarten Files from when I used to teach Kindergarten. The First Grade files is then split up into subcategories. (See below.)



image



Each of these folders is split up even further. I always keep my portable hard drive with my laptop and transport my laptop between home and school. When creating or downloading materials from other fabulous teachers I save them in the file that makes most sense and that I will most easily find it again. Have questions about my subcategories … Just leave it in a comment.



Hope this helps someone!



To see how other teachers are organizing and backing up their files follow the link below ...




http://www.kinderkraziness.blogspot.com< /a>

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you mentioned backing up your music. Especially if you pay @ least .99¢ for one song!!

    Alicia

    First Grade Factory

    ReplyDelete